The Chrysler 12+8 Adapter is Autel’s bypass for Chrysler’s Security Gateway Module (SGM) which limits an aftermarket scan tool to only reading DTCs and viewing data.
2018 and newer Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, Jeep, and Fiat now have a secure gateway module or SGM. This SGM will not allow your scan tool to do bidirectional controls on the vehicle. Autel has provided a cable to bypass the SGM. The new Chrysler 12+8 Diagnostic Cable allows communication with latest model Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Fiat & Alfa vehicles.
The 12+8 Adapter connects to the Autel MaxiSys VCI.
The Cable Adapter can be used with Autel Maxisys Series Scanners MS906BT+ like MS906BT, MS906S, MS908, MS908 PRO, MS908S, MS908S PRO, Maxisys Elite
What is it used for?
1. Use with Autel MaxiSys scanner to diagnose on Chrysler, Jeep, Renegade Wrangler 300C after 2018 year
2. Most 2018 and newer FCA vehicles include a Security Gateway Module.
Features and Functions:
1. Read/ Clear Codes
2. Perform Active Tests
3. View Generic & Manufacturer Live Data
4. Perform TPMS OBDII Relearn
5. Coding and Adaptation with Maxisys Tablet Tools MS906BT+
6. ADAS calibrations (Requires Maxisys ADAS Software)
Chrysler 12+8 Adapter needed on Vehicles with Secure Gateway Module:
2013+ RAM Promaster
2015+ Fiat 500x
2015+ RAM Promaster City
2016+ Jeep Renegade
2017+ Alfa Romeo Giulia
2017+ Jeep Compass
2017+ Jeep Cherokee
2018+ Jeep Wrangler
2018+ Ram Trucks
2018+ Dodge Durango
2018+ Jeep Wrangler (JL Body only, not JK)
2018+ Dodge Journey
2018+ Jeep Grand Cherokee
2018+ Chrysler Pacifica
2018+ Chrysler 300
2018+ Dodge Charger
2018+ Dodge Challenger
2019+ Most Fiat/ Chrysler/ Jeep/ Ram vehicles
2020+ ALL FCA vehicles
1pc x Chrysler 12+8 Cable Adaptor for Autel MaxiSys